Mouse embryo cryopreservation has the following steps:
- Contact Animal Models Core (email@example.com) to discuss scheduling.
- Assessm of animal colony to assure one proven male and at least 8 weaned females are available for superovulation. GEAM may need close to 15 females to obtain good quality embryos for cryopreservation.
- GEAM will perform IVF and cryopreserve two-cell embryos.
- We recommend freezing 100-125 embryos if homozygous or 175-200 heterozygous embryos are preserved.
- Recovery of live animals by thawing and surgically transferring the frozen embryos into pseudopregnant recipients.